Are you considering surrendering your pet to a shelter due to its newly acquired weird behavior? Do you feel like euthanasia is the only long-lasting solution due to sudden uncontrollable change in your pet’s behavior? Castro Valley Animal Hospital offers effective behavioral medicine for pets.
Some of the common indicators of behavioral problems in pets include but are not limited to the following.
• Inter-pet aggression
• Obsessive compulsive behavior
• Separation anxiety disorder
• Human-direct aggression
• Post-traumatic stress disorder
• Generalized anxiety disorder
• Phobias; fear of people, claustrophobia, fear of other pets, neophobia
• Cognitive dysfunction
It’s quite frustrating and stressful dealing with a pet with the above behavioral pathologies and mental disorders. The good news is that you don’t have to give up on your precious furry buddy just yet. With the help of a veterinarian specializing in animal pet behavioral problems, you can restore the health and the jovial relationship between you and your pet.
Why a specialized Vet?
A pet that persistently exhibits any of the above behavioral problems needs immediate professional attention. A specialized vet will help make an accurate diagnosis of what is ailing your pet.
The specialist will also develop a proper treatment plan to help your pet get back to its former normal life. These experts undergo many years of specialize training in clinical psychology, neuroscience, and psychiatry and other issues that are relevant to pets.
The primary goals of a specialized vet include:
• Developing current research in clinical behavioral medicine, neuroscience, animal welfare and animal behavior
• Treat and manage behavioral and mental disorders in pets
• Assist caregivers and pet parents to understand the functioning of animal brains and how to apply this knowledge in enhancing human-animal interaction
• Focus on the emotional and physical health of pets to give a customized solution for a every problem
What you can do before a visiting a specialist?
It’s important that you record a detailed explanation of the history of your pet’s behavior. You’ll need to observe how your pet behaves and note down the same. You should also carry out a physical examination so that you spot any abnormality on the body. However, you should only do this when your pet doesn’t exhibit aggressive behavior.
The best way to start the journey of restoring the mental health of your pet is by scheduling an evaluation appointment with a pet specialist. Don’t allow your pet and those around it to suffer any longer. Let the professionals working out a solution that will give you a peace of mind once and for all.